As the temperatures slowly yet surely cool off in Austin, the list of things to do and see remains a hot topic throughout the city and beyond. At LeMontreaux apartments for lease in Austin, we love to get out and about this time of the year to enjoy some of the best events of the year. We encourage you to do the same!
September 9, 2022
Run. Fun. Repeat! This popular 10-mile team race can be enjoyed by the novice to the most advanced. No need to run the whole 10 by yourself as the race is designed to split up the fun. Each member of the team runs 2.5 miles. At the end, there’s plenty to celebrate now matter if you get the “W” or not! Go for the glory to participate and then stick around for some refreshing F & B.
Here's the list of all the categories – and we bet you fit into one or more!
• Open Men (All male team)
• Open Women (All female)
• Open Mixed (2 women and 2 men)
• Open Non-binary (Team of 4)
• Masters Men (All male, 40+)
• Masters Women (All female, 40+)
• Masters Mixed (2 men, 2 women, 40+)
• Senior Men (All Male, 50+)
• Senior Women (All Female, 50+)
• Senior Mixed (2 men, 2 women, 50+)
• Odds & Ends (Team of 4, mixed genders)
• Just for fun (No Awards. We're just here to run and enjoy the fun, the food, the drinks, and the band)
• Family (All members are from the same family)
• Corporate (all members are from the same company)
• Running Store (all 4 employees of the same store)
• We salute you (Fire, Police, Military, Civil Servant)
• Fitness Division: If you're a member of a CrossFit box, gym, or other fitness studio, you can compete against other like-minded athletes.
For all the details and register your team, visit ZilkerRelays.com.
September 9, 2022
Field of Light – Opening Night
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
This is a must see. On September 9, C3 Presents will unveil world renown British artist Bruce Munro’s “Field of Light” at the University of Texas ’Wildflower Center. What you will see will stun your imagination as the night lights up with 28,000 vibrant solar-powered, fiber-optic light pods that showcases the “intersection of art, technology and nature.”
Here's more from the website at wildflower.org/field-of-light
“The installation unites with the outdoors, celebrating the natural topography of the landscape and creating an immersive and emotional experience for guests. The exhibit runs September through December 2022. Get social media updates on Instagram and Facebook. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales benefit the Wildflower Center.
September 11, 2022
Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival
Far Out Lounge & Stage
It’s time to get spicy at one of the largest Hot Sauce Festivals in the WORLD! Yes, the WORLD, right here in our hometown! Cross off a full day on your calendar as there are over 350 entries to entice “the bravest of pepper heads and chili-loving festival goers.”
In addition to your opportunity to taste the best from around the globe, the festival also hosts your favorite food trucks, cookbooks, sauces for sale and live music all day long.
There’s lots of reason to attend yet the best is the purpose behind it. The festival is a major fundraiser for the Central Texas Food Bank.